recentpopularlog in

charlesarthur : parking   2

Parkopedia to provide parking services to Apple globally • PR Newswire
<p>Parkopedia®, the world's leading parking services provider with more than 40 million parking spots listed, today announced that it is to provide its parking services to Apple Maps.

Apple Map users will be able to view key information about parking garages and lots around the world.  In addition, users will have the option to click through to Parkopedia's website and iOS app to view more detailed information including pricing, user reviews, special offers and real-time space availability. They will also be able to make reservations.</p>


Blimey. First carpool karaoke, now this.
apple  parking  maps 
july 2016 by charlesarthur
​Cashless parking was meant to make life easier for drivers but our phones are awash with competing apps » The Independent
Rhodri Marsden:
<p>When I was prompted by a roadside sign to download yet another cashless parking app, my patience finally snapped. I now had four of them on my phone – PayByPhone, RingGo, Parkmobile and ParkRight, all of which required me to undergo a laborious sign-up procedure, keying credit-card details and registration numbers into my phone while I sat on the bonnet, accruing parking charges.

The competitive marketplace for cashless parking has resulted in a fragmented and rather irritating experience for motorists who don't have a handy stash of pound coins; as well as the aforementioned apps, there are others such as Phoneandpay, MiPermit and Whoosh, all promising to liberate us from the tyranny of the parking meter but ignoring the fact that we don't care who we pay: we just want to park.</p>


85% of cashless parking controlled by two apps, the other 15% by a sprawl of others. Really good research by Marsden, but there's no solution in sight. One point he didn't make, but which I notice: paying by app is often more expensive than paying for a physical ticket.
parking  apps 
march 2016 by charlesarthur

Copy this bookmark:





to read